Why Should Olive Oil Be A Part Of Your Daily Health Routine?
Table of Contents
Are you tired of eating the same boring healthy food? Well, if your answer is yes, then add some good olive oil to your boring diet food and see how it alleviates your sense of taste in seconds. There is nothing worse than eating the same old diet with no spice and taste every day. It is our human tendency to try on different foods every now and then to give the ultimate pleasure to our taste buds. Nowadays, people are becoming more health-conscious and have started maintaining a proper diet routine. But being an Indian, maintaining a healthy diet can be somewhat challenging as our foods include an amazing blend of spices and seasoning. We are more into relishing the flavours of our food than focusing on what is healthy for our bodies.
In order to add some amazing taste and flavour to cold cooking and other dishes, people are now using different types of olive oils. Olive oil provides you with the opportunity of getting rid of that same old boring food. It allows us to live a healthier life without compromising on our amazing taste buds. Olive oil has been rated as one of the healthiest foods in the world, and with good reason. It’s a super-food that’s packed with vitamin E, antioxidants and a host of other nutrients.
Are you thinking of adding olive oil to your daily routine? Not only olive oil is a popular choice for cooking but it does wonders for skin and hair as well. People have enjoyed and appreciated olive oil for more than a thousand years now. Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils used in cooking as it contains monounsaturated fats packed with antioxidants which help in reducing the chances of getting a chronic disease. People have a myth that olive oil can only be used conventionally for – cooking, dripping and dipping. But in many countries, it is a ritual to sip a little olive oil every day as it has wealthy health benefits. Basically, there are five types of olive oils namely- extra virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil, refined olive oil, pure olive oil and olive pomace oil.
How Is Olive Oil Made?
Olive oil is made by grinding olives and crushing them to extract its paste which is carried out through a centrifugation process to separate the oil. This separated oil is then stored in stainless steel tanks so that it is properly protected from oxygen and sunlight. Then it is bottled into a dark container to keep it fresh.
Though extra virgin olive oil is produced differently as it is cold-pressed from ripe olives mechanically, without any heat or chemicals. This is the reason, EVOO is said to have the most powerful health benefits as it preserves compounds like phenols.
Olive oil is refined from natural olives, giving it a distinct flavour that is rich in antioxidants and is suitable for seasoning. It carries the flavour and relishes the dish by providing a pleasing feel in the mouth and satisfying the appetite of people. The best part about this oil is that it will enhance the savoury, without even leaving you guilty because of its extraordinary health-boosting properties.
Benefits of Olive Oil
With a number of health benefits, olive oil has become one of the most used oils in the whole world. People use olive oil for cooking, cosmetics, medicine and for many other things. As more and more people are into diet plans, it is only fair that they have started using olive oil on a daily basis. Each olive oil variant has different and unique advantages. Here’s what you need to know about olive oil and its amazing health benefits.
- Cardiovascular health- Extra virgin olive oil is a rich source of monounsaturated fats or healthy fats and it reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Digestive health- Not only does olive oil lubricate the intestinal tract, but it can also reduce stomach acid production. This reduction can help relieve symptoms commonly associated with heartburn and acid reflux.
- Stabilised blood sugar- Olive oil may be effective in reducing individuals’ glycemic response to foods with a high glycemic index, a benefit that may help manage type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Reduction of inflammation- Extra virgin olive oil contains a compound called oleocanthal, an antioxidant with significant anti-inflammatory properties similar to ibuprofen. And since many chronic illnesses and health problems are due to cellular inflammation, this benefit of olive oil may be the best.
- Healthier skin and hair- Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and vitamin K, both essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair. Since extra virgin olive oil has a higher nutrient content than standard olive oil, drinking it every day is a great way to replenish damaged skin and hair.
- Optimal absorption of nutrients- Of course, olive oil makes healthy foods taste better. But if you drink it every day, it will also help your stomach and digestive system better absorb the vitamins and nutrients provided by food.
- Promotes weight loss- One of the greatest benefits of olive oil is that it helps in maintaining the weight of people. It has rich antioxidants and directly consuming it can be advantageous. Most people use it in salads or we can call it cold cooking so that its ingredients and nutrients can be blended properly.
Drizzling it over salads or mixing it into salad dressing can make the diet extra healthy and also enhances the flavours. It can be used in marinades and sauces as it penetrates well into the meat, fish and veggies, balancing the nutrients and antioxidants. Because of its health benefits, olive oil has made itself an attractive ingredient in households. Transform your boring healthy food into a blended mix of amazing taste with extra virgin olive oil. It is not only used for cooking but it is also used as a moisturiser and can be added to your daily skincare routine. Don’t think twice when it comes to olive oil.
The health benefits and the buzz of getting fit have made olive oil a popular name in many households all over the world as well. Now people are more familiar not just with olive oils but their different types as well. Olister is a trusted olive oil brand that offers quality extra virgin olive oil and virgin olive oil with 250 Polyphenol, rich taste and smell. It is best suited for cold meals, European, Mediterranean and Italian dishes as well as Indian dishes.