Can Olive Oil Be Used For Cooking?
Table of Contents
Oil has been an integral part of Indian Cuisine. Practically everything just seems incomplete without the touch of oil in our elaborative dishes. There are a variety of oils used in Indian households, each having its own benefits. However, not all oils are healthy. Earlier during our grandparent’s time, every cooking ingredient was pure and authentic. But it is not the same case now. Almost everything has preservatives used which have an adverse effect on our health. The current generation is a little more health-conscious and is more particular than ever about what type of ingredients they use, especially oil. And when it comes to healthy oil, the first name that strikes is Olive oil.
There are five types of olive oils- extra virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil, refined olive oil, pure olive oil and olive pomace oil. Extra virgin olive oil is the best type as it is of high quality with more amount of polyphenols and a rich aroma. It is like an unexpected surprise when something so unpredictable turns out to be amazingly delicious when used in different and unique ways. The same is the case with extra virgin olive oil, it is loaded with powerful antioxidants and advantageous fatty acids. Olive oil for cooking has been used for over 2000 years now. Extra virgin olive oil is one of the purest forms of olive oil with unlimited health benefits. So, yes olive oil can be used for cooking!
Why Use EVOO For Cooking?
As suggested by the experts and nutritionists, extra virgin olive oil for cooking is one of the most versatile and healthiest ways to cook your food. The label “extra virgin” means not refined and that is why it is of high quality. With the large amounts of monosaturated fats and polyunsaturated fatty acids, extra virgin olive oil is better for heart health too. Let’s have a look at some of the dishes that would just embrace the presence of olive oil in them.
- Crisp rosemary and olive oil flatbread
- Shaved Brussels sprouts, olive oil, pecorino and lemon
- Spaghetti with olive oil, chilli and garlic
- Olive oil biscotti
- Soft cheese in olive oil with herbs
- Pistachio, cardamom and olive oil cake
- Olive oil confit chicken
With the enhanced taste of smoke and the rich aromas present in extra virgin olive oil make the dishes more delightful and amazing to eat. There are many health benefits as well of adding EVOO to your daily meals like-
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases- Many studies have shown that the use of extra virgin olive oil for cooking helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases and boosting heart health. The major advantage of using EVOO is that it helps with the prevention of blood clots, controls blood pressure, reduces cholesterol caused by oxidation and improves blood vessels. Many people use EVOO in order to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Prevents chronic inflammation- Chronic inflammation is the major cause of heart diseases, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, cancer and arthritis observed in various individuals. The acids found in extra virgin olive oil are extremely beneficial for our health, especially the oleic acid found in it. These acids reduce the levels of inflammation, helping people with many health-related issues.
- Improves brain health- Studies proved that using extra virgin olive oil for cooking will improve brain health and provide a rich diet. It slows down the effects of Alzheimer’s disease. Extra virgin olive oil contains saturated fats which are directly linked to reducing depression and other health issues. Extra virgin olive oil is a rich source of monosaturated fats that are good for your all-over health and not just your heart. The nutrients available in EVOO protect the nervous system and helps in reducing depression, anxiety and stress.
- Beneficial for liver health- The polyphenols levels present in extra virgin olive oil are beneficial for liver and gut health. It boosts the overall health by enhancing your immunity levels and improves the digestive system. It prevents liver damage as EVOO contains high levels of monounsaturated fats.
- Reduces stress- Loaded with antioxidants, use of extra virgin olive oil for cooking helps in reducing oxidative stress levels. Antioxidants prevent the production of substances that can cause great damage to cells during the metabolism process. Prevention of these substances leads to lower stress levels, and reduces breast cancer risk and other cancers as well.
Get Maximum Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Through Cooking
Using extra virgin olive oil for cooking has the biggest advantage as it has a lower smoke point as compared to other oil. There comes a time when every cooking oil breaks down at a certain temperature and the nutrients start to degrade in that oil. This is the time (known as the smoke point) when compounds that are harmful to our health start building. Usually, extra virgin olive oil is used for cold and mild cooking which retains all the aromas, goodness and richness of the flavour. Choosing the right type of olive oil that can withstand your cooking temperature is important. All types of olive oils have distinct and unique characteristics with different tastes and aromas. Stick to extra virgin olive oil for cold cooking, salad dressing and drizzling it over pasta.
Why Consider Olister As Your Olive Oil Brand?
Olister is the leading brand of extra virgin olive oil, offering both early harvest extra virgin olive oil and matured harvest extra virgin olive oil. Rich in Vitamin E, antioxidants and various other components – we handpick every olive to go through the extraction process. Offering the best quality and 100% natural cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil is our top-most priority. Why our extra virgin olive oil is the best?
- It consists of 250 polyphenols which help in reducing stress levels, anxiety and depression.
- With the blend of rich taste and extraordinary aromas, our EVOO is suitable for all types of cooking- Indian meals, cold cooking, salad dressings, European and Mediterranean dishes etc.
- The rich taste and aromas are locked in the same way as wine so that the richness is not evaporated.
- The bottles used by Olister are made of UVAG glass which protects the extra virgin olive oil from sunlight and heat.
- Made with the goodness of 100% natural cold-pressed olives, we offer nothing but the best.
Get yourself a bottle of our extra virgin olive oil and see the wonders yourself.